Big Wilf’s velcro-fastening church bell muffles
- tailor-made for the weight of bell and size/shape of clapper
- made from 2.8, 4 or 5 mm veg-tanned leather hide with bull hide tops all stitched and glued
- stitched and riveted for a secure long lasting age
- industrial-strength velcro fastening
- all muffles guaranteed for 5 years
- bells up to 18cwt - £38.00 each
- up to 36cwt - £44.00 each
- up to 48cwt - £48.00 each
- over 48cwt - p.o.a.
- for wooden-shafted clappers - £80.00 each
- secondary muffles (for double muffling) - £34.00 each
Double set of muffles for Chester Cathedral.
Ringing with Big Wilf’s muffles:
Half muffled call changes at Lustleigh, Devon [YouTube clip].
Half muffled ringing at St Mary’s Basilica, Sydney [YouTube clip].
Stedman Doubles (half muffled) at Rodbourne Cheney, Swindon [YouTube clip].
Fully muffled ringing from St Mary’s, Barton upon Humber to commemorate the centenary of the start of the First World War [YouTube clip].
The back ten at St Mary le Tower, Ipswich, ringing Grandsire Caters on 11 November 2013 [YouTube clip].
The new twelve at Great St Mary, Cambridge [YouTube clip].
Try-out of new muffles at St Mary’s, Southampton [YouTube clip].
The bells of Llandaff Cathedral, Remembrance Sunday 2015 [M4A file, 2Mb].
The bells of St Erme, Cornwall, ringing Grandsire Doubles (recorded by Eric Bannister) [MP3 file, 1.06Mb].
Content: © 2004-21 Big Wilf Web design & technology: © 2004-21 elderberry